Waterco, established in 1981 in Sydney, Australia, has since become a global brand in over 40 countries, recognised for their designing and manufacturing filtration and sanitisation innovations for swimming pools, spas, aquaculture, and water purification sectors.
Goh Soon Sinn, the Founder and Group CEO walks us through his entrepreneurial journey on how he builds a company into a global brand which now has a market capital of about AUD114 million.
Additionally, Goh also talks about:
- the products and service offerings. Waterco is the franchisor of Swimart, one of Australia and New Zealand’s market leading brand in the pool care industry with 73 franchise outlets and a fleet of more than 250 mobile service vans. It is also the exclusive distributor of Zane Pool Heating solutions via a network of Australian dealerships. Whereas in Malaysia, to address the issue of water discoloration caused by rust from unlined galvanised pipes, the company has set up a dealer network Watershoppes selling a range of water filters and drinking water purifiers.
- the company’s business model today
- how the business has grown with a combination of organic growth and also via acquisitions
- the key challenges faced in building a company with a global footprint in over 40 countries
- the impact of the pandemic
- the strategies implemented to continue to be relevant
- the research and development done on the products to cope with the current challenges especially in Australia where safety and hygiene is top priority
- the reason behind why the company is undervalued
- the expansion plans in the pipeline
- the three smartest thing done over the last 40 years in business
Biztech online show / Youtube CEO Conversations Show